Environmental Health Services
Through the OSTDS Construction program, the Florida Department of Health in Brevard County Environmental Health Services permits, regulates and inspects the construction of new systems, repairs and modifications to existing systems, existing system approvals and abandonments of systems. Anyone who plans to install, repair, modify or abandon an OSTDS in Brevard County must first obtain a permit from our office. In addition, any changes to original permitted conditions require approval from our office. The main goal of this program is to protect public health by eliminating the potential for the spread of infectious disease, by protecting the ground and surface water from improperly built or maintained onsite sewage treatment and disposal systems. Systems producing a domestic sewage flow of more than 10,000 gallons per day (gpd) or a commercial sewage flow of more than 5,000 gpd are regulated by the Department of Environmental Protection.
View the Permit Ready Report to see if your permit has been issued and is ready to be picked up from our office.
Records of OSTDS and well construction permits beginning from mid-2002 are available on our Laserfiche site. Please use the following user name and password to access this information: User Name = beh.public and Password = public. For information on how to use the Laserfiche site please review the Laserfiche instructional document. For Internet Explorer 9, 10 and 11 compatibility setup information, please review the Laserfiche compatibility view instructions.
For more information on Onsite Sewage in the State of Florida, please visit http://www.floridahealth.gov/environmental-health/onsite-sewage/index.html.
- Application Cover Document - New Systems
- Application Cover Document - Repairs and Tank Abandonments
- Application Cover Document - Modifications and Existing Systems
- Application for OSTDS Construction - Form DH4015 Page 1
- Application for OSTDS Construction (Site Plan) - Form DH4015 Page 2
- Brevard County Density Restrictions
- Existing System and System Repair Evaluation - Form DH4015 Page 4
- Laserfiche Compatibility View Instructions
- Laserfiche Instructional Document
- OSTDS County Variance Application (For County Variances Only)
- OSTDS State Variance Application - Form DH4057 (For State Variances Only)
- Owner Authorization Form
- Permit Ready Report
- Rules and Statutes (Chapter 64E-6 FAC, 381 FS, 386 FS)
- Sample Site Plan
- Site Evaluation and System Specifications - Form DH4015 Page 3
- Site Plan Instructions
- Site Plan Review Request (For Pools, Patios, Decks, etc.)
- Chapter 46, Article II, Brevard County Code of Ordinances
- Department of Environmental Protection
- Florida Department of Health in Brevard County Laserfiche Site
- Septic Search (Information on buying a property with a septic system)
- Septic Tank Contractor Enforcements
*Note: This page contains materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF). The free Adobe Reader may be required to view these files.