The Florida Department of Health in Brevard County (DOH-Brevard) is offering the Smallpox/Monkeypox Vaccine – JYNNEOS on a limited basis to those with risk factors who are more likely to have been recently exposed to monkeypox.
These groups include:
• Laboratory personnel who perform diagnostic testing for monkeypox and healthcare providers who are dedicated to the monkeypox outbreak response
• Close contacts of monkeypox cases
• Immunocompromised Men who have Sex with Men (MSM) with HIV (< 200 CD4 white blood cells per ml3) with potential exposure
• Other MSM with a recent history of a sexually transmissible disease (STD)
• All other MSM with HIV who had potential exposure
Call DOH-Brevard Epidemiology department at 321-504-0900 to be screened for eligibility for the Smallpox/Monkeypox Vaccine – JYNNEOS vaccine.
Hepatitis A (Havrix) and Meningococcal disease vaccine (Menveo) are also being offered to those at high risk and may be received at the same time as the Smallpox/Monkeypox Vaccine (JYNNEOS).
Please visit CDC website for more information about monkeypox.CDC website - Monkeypox
No events at this time
- Lieutenant Governor Jeanette Nuñez Joins Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo to Highlight National HIV Testing Day
- Treatment Locator
- Provider Alert Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccines
- Governor Desantis Freedom First Budget Signing Ensures a Healthier Future for Floridians
- The Florida Department of Health in Brevard County is Monitoring the Nationwide Monkeypox Outbreak
- Health Officials Lift Blue-Green Algae Bloom Alert for Brevard County
- Health Officials Issue Blue-Green Algae Bloom Alert for Brevard County
- The Florida Department of Health in Brevard County Provides an Update on the Current National Infant Formula Shortage
- Summer is Around the Corner and the Central Florida County Health Departments Want to Make Sure It's a Safe and Healthy One
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals