The Florida Department of Health has confirmed three cases of measles in neighboring counties; measles is a very serious respiratory disease caused by a virus. The disease is highly contagious and can spread to others who are unvaccinated.
"Measles is a very serious disease," said Heidar Heshmati, MD, Florida Department of Health in Brevard County Director. "It is important for everyone to contact their doctor and make sure they have received the measles vaccination to protect themselves and others."
The department encourages all Floridians who have not been immunized to get vaccinated immediately. Vaccinations are available through the Florida Department of Health in Brevard County or doctor's office for little or no cost.
- Florida Department of Health Recognizes Trauma Survivors Day
- Florida Department of Health Serves 64 Cease-And-Desist Notices
- Florida Department of Health Announces $1 Million in Grant Funding
- Healthy and Safe Swimming Week 2015
- Joint Investigation Leads to Arrest in West Palm Beach
- Healthy Emergency Food Preparedness
The Florida Department of Health in Brevard County will be closed Monday, May 25, 2015.
May 25, 2015
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals