2565 Judge Fran Jamieson Way
Viera, FL 32940
School Health Services promote student health through prevention, early intervention and treatment or referral for acute or chronic health problems.
Who is eligible?Services are available to all Brevard County school district students.
What kinds of services do students need during the school day?Medical health staff located in public school clinics may assist students for any number of reasons, including:
- Administration of prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Administration of state-mandated health screenings (scoliosis, hearing, vision, height and weight)
- Emergency first aid treatment
- Handling acute illnesses
- Management of complex or chronic health conditions
- Monitoring state immunization compliance. (For more information, please visit https://www.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/immunization/children-and-adolescents/index.html.)
Who provides the funding for these services?The Florida Department of Health in Brevard County manages the School Health Services Program in cooperation with the local school district which provides funding to place a health professional in each public school clinic.
What type of health professionals work in school clinics?School health clinic staff are professionally trained to advocate for children's health and safety within the educational setting. Typically, school health staff are comprised of:
- Health aides
- Licensed practical nurses
- Registered nurses