2575 N. Courtenay Pkwy, Suite 126
Merritt Island, FL 32953
School Health Services promote student health through prevention, early intervention and treatment or referral for acute or chronic health problems.
Who is eligible?
What kinds of services do students need during the school day?
- Administration of prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Administration of state-mandated health screenings (scoliosis, hearing, vision, height and weight)
- Emergency first aid treatment
- Handling acute illnesses
- Management of complex or chronic health conditions
- Monitoring state immunization compliance. (For more information, please visit http://www.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/immunization/children-and-adolescents/index.html.)
Who provides the funding for these services?
What type of health professionals work in school clinics?
- Health aides
- Licensed practical nurses
- Registered nurses